SeaView© v3.4.2 Software Download
IMPORTANT!! Please read the "Installing SeaView on MAC" Instructions below (or click here to download a printable PDF of the instructions)
NEW!! SeaView for MAC. It's almost here!
Welcome MAC BETA-TESTERS: Click here or the DOWNLOAD arrow above to download and test the SeaView for MAC installer (280 MB .zip file download).
SeaView© will install in "DEMO MODE" with most, but not all features of the program active and no access to real time data. In order to unlock the full, working version of SeaView© you must be a current SeaView PRO© subscriber [click here for commercial order form] or a current SeaView SPORT© subscriber [click for sport order form].
WINDOWS: SeaView v3.4© is compatible with Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7. Windows 95 and 98 are no longer supported.
MAC: An Intel-based Mac running OS v10.x.x or later
SeaView for Mac BETA production notes as of 4/4/2013:
* GPS interface is currently non-functional until further update
* "Mr. Tides" is the Mac OS equivalent of "WXTides 32" for Windows OS
SeaView© requires the use of an internet connection to download data.
UPGRADING OR RE-INSTALLING SeaView©?
SeaView V3.4© will overwrite previously installed versions of SeaView V3.2 & 3.3. SeaView V3.4© will “uninstall” V3.0 and perform a fresh installation of V3.4. All Images or data files downloaded via prior versions of SeaView© will remain on your computer.
INSTALLING SeaView© FROM A FILE DOWNLOADED FROM OUR WEBSITE
Installing SeaView on Windows:
- Click on the blue SeaView DOWNLOAD link above for Windows OS.
- When the File Download window comes up, click on the "Save" button and save the SV3_Installer_Comm.exe installer file to your PC's Desktop.
- Double-left click on this new Desktop icon to begin the installation process. A small install screen should appear automatically.
- Continue to follow along with the setup program using the defaults whenever possible.
- Depending on the configuration of your system, several Java and helper applications may be installed along with SeaView. Be patient and continue to follow the instructions that appear on the screen. There will be pauses between phases of the installation process. These pauses may be long depending on your computer. DO NOT CANCEL THE INSTALLATION PROCESS DURING THESE PAUSES.
- When the upgrade is complete, click the “Finish” button in the SeaView installation dialog window.
Windows Vista & Windows 7 Users:
Some Vista and Windows 7 users may have to "set administration priveleges" in order to keep SeaView unlocked. You will know this affects you if you have already unlocked SeaView but the next time the program is openened you are again asked to either "Register SeaView" or run the program in "Demo Mode."
To set administration priveledges for SeaView:
- Located the SeaView program icon on your desktop.
- Right-click the SeaView icon, scroll down the flyout menu options and left-click "Properties" (located near the bottom of the list).
- When the Properties window opens, click the "Compatibility" tab.
- Place a check-mark in the box for "Run as Administrator." (If you do not have a "Run as Administrator" check-box option, you are not one of the Vista or Windows 7 users which this issue will affect).
Installing SeaView on MAC:
[Download printable PDF (22k)]
- Click on the blue SeaView for MAC DOWNLOAD arrow above or click HERE to start the .zip file download..
- If a prompt appears, click on the Save button to save SeaViewForMac.zip installation file to the Downloads folder on your computer. Otherwise the file should automatically save to your computer.
- Once the file download is complete, navigate to the Downloads folder on your computer (click on "Go/Downloads" from the menu bar) and find the "SeaViewForMac" folder. Double-click this folder to open it.
- Within the SeaViewForMac folder, double-click the file "SeaViewForMac.pkg" to start the application installer. Follow the prompts to install SeaView on your MacIntosh HD. You may need to enter your computer user name and password to continue.
- SeaView requires JAVA version 1.5 or higher to be installed on your computer in order to run SeaView on your Apple/Mac computer. If you have Java 1.5 or higher installed on your computer, you are finished, proceed to Step 6.
If you do not know what version of Java you have installed or whether you have Java installed at all, follow the instructions below to determine the status of Java on your computer:
SeaView Requires Java 1.5 or higher. To check your version, follow the steps below:
- From the menu bar select "Go/ Applications"
- Within Applications find and double click to open the "Utilities" folder.
- In Utilities double-click on "Terminal."
- In the Terminal window, at the prompt, type the following:
- Press "Enter" on your keyboard.
Look for the following line: "Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_37)"
The (build 1.6.0_37) indicates that java 1.6 is installed. If your machine has “build 1.5” or higher, SeaView will work correctly. If you don’t have Java or a version below 1.5 please install the Java package included in the SeaViewForMac.zip file by double-clicking on the file jre-7u11-macosx-x64.dmg in the SeaViewForMac folder and follow the on screen steps to install Java.
- You should now be able to navigate to the SeaView folder on your Mac and find the SeaView icon (click on "Go/Applications" and find the SeaView folder). Double click on “SeaViewForMac” to start SeaView and follow the instructions below to unlock and register your copy of SeaView. To create a Desktop icon, right-click (CTRL-click if you are using a single-button mouse) on “SeaViewForMac”, select Copy “SeaViewForMac.” Paste the icon to your Desktop.
- To unlock your copy of SeaView: Double-click to open the "SeaViewForMac" application in the "Applications/SeaView" folder. A window will appear indicating that SeaView is operating in demo mode. Click on the "Register SeaView" button.
INSTALLING SeaView FROM A CD - WINDOWS
[Download printable PDF (19k)]
Insert the installation CD into the CDROM or DVD drive on your PC. If auto-run is enabled, the installation program will begin to run shortly. A small install screen should appear automatically. If no install screen appears, left click the Windows "Start" menu, select “Run…” and enter “D:\SV3_Installer.exe” in the white entry field to the right of "Open:" The letter of your CD-ROM or DVD drive may be different depending on your PC's configuration. Continue to follow along with the setup program using the defaults whenever possible.
Depending on the configuration of your system, several Java and helper applications may be installed along with SeaView. Be patient and continue to follow instructions that appear on the screen. There will be pauses between phases of the installation process. These pauses may be long depending on your computer. DO NOT CANCEL THE INSTALLATION PROCESS DURING THESE PAUSES.
When the upgrade is complete, click the “Finish” button in the SeaView installation dialog window.
UNLOCKING YOUR NEW SeaView SOFTWARE
Once SeaView installation is complete, only the “demo version” will be active until your software is “unlocked.” All fresh installs, re-installs or installations on secondary computers require new “unlock codes” specific to the unique 16-digit registration number generated during the installation process on each computer.
If you intend to install SeaView on more than one device, you may want to complete installation on both devices up to the point of registration code generation in order to obtain each required unlock code during a single phone call or email. Follow the instructions below to unlock and activate your copy of SeaView.
Double-left-mouse-click the "SeaViewV3" icon on your desktop or select the Windows "Start" menu and select “Programs > SeaViewV3.4 > SeaViewV3” to start the SeaView application.
To “unlock” SeaView for use other than “demo mode,” click on the "Register SeaView" button when the welcome window appears. At this point, you will then need to contact the Ocean Imaging office either by phone or email with the 16-digit registration code generated. We will set up your account and provide you with an “unlock” code(s) and user-name(s) specific to SeaView’s installation on each computer.
Once the unlock code is entered, you should see a "SeaView Successfully Unlocked!" message. SeaView is now fully functional. If you are a current SeaView subscriber, you will have the ability to download new data from Ocean Imaging’s servers.
SeaView© DATA DOWNLOAD METHODS
There are two methods of obtaining SeaView© Data Files once SeaView© software has been installed, unlocked, and service activated on your computer:
- "Direct Internet Connection" ( the default, easiest and recommended method)
- "Semi-Automated Email Delivery"
SeaView's Data Files are compressed with an average file size of 40 kb (depending on data-type):
- It is estimated that a typical SeaView© PRO user downloading 2 Data Products per day downloads approximately 1-10MB/Month and should expect to gauge their at-sea data plan accordingly.
- SeaView© SPORT users have access to higher-resolution, larger file-size images and typically download data at home or via WiFi prior to leaving shore.
About downloading data via the "Email Delivery" method and satellite telephone:
If you are a Telaurus customer and use SeaView's "Email Connection" product delivery method, you must have the Se@comm AFT (Automatic File Transfer) setup and active, and you must have Se@comm running. The "Email Delivery" method also works with Stratos' AmosConnect, SkyFile, Outlook and other email programs, but is designed for use with Telaurus' Se@comm software. Use with other email programs may require the manual attachment of SeaView© email files. (Please refer to the SeaView© manual, Appendix B: Configuring Your Iridium Phone and Installing Dial-up Networking for more information).
If you need assistance installing SeaView, setting up your phone to connect to the Internet, learning about all of the different SeaView products available, or simply have a question or two, please contact Mark Hess at the telephone number or email address below.
Paula Klein is also available to unlock your software and get your account started or re-activated.
Mark Hess Paula Klein